SMOU has always enjoyed a close working relationship with our Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) companies. To alleviate the strain of the pandemic on companies, SMOU contributed S$150,000 and introduced the additional COVID-19 Relief Voucher* in January 2021 to help defray companies’ crew change accommodation cost in Singapore, specially for our CBA vessels. In addition, CBA companies with crew change accommodation expenses within the period of 1 September 2020 to 31 March 2021 may submit their application for reimbursement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details of the COVID-19 Relief Vouchers as follows:
- Each COVID-19 Relief Voucher is worth S$50.00;
- All CBA companies will be given 2 COVID-19 Relief Vouchers per CBA vessel;
- As per current crew change procedures, CBA companies arrange directly with Seacare Hotel/any MPA approved accommodation and seek MPA’s approval for their required crew change;
- CBA companies pay for crew accommodation first and then seek reimbursement by emailing the payment invoice and MPA’s approval document for crew change to the Administrator (email@example.com);
- COVID-19 Relief claim is valid for crew change accommodation expenses paid during this COVID-19 period from 1st September 2020 to 31st March 2021; and
- Company may claim for this COVID-19 Relief reimbursement up to the total amount of COVID-19 Relief Vouchers indicated above.
*Do note that these COVID-19 Relief Vouchers are different from the normal Seafarers Accommodation Scheme (SAS) vouchers.
For any clarifications on the COVID -19 Relief reimbursement, contact the SAS Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.